I finally got around to writing up this much requested post on the products I bought from FWBeauty, the reason I haven’t written something sooner is because I believe it’s important to be using a skincare product for a while before reviewing it, as most skincare products don’t give significant results after just one or two uses.
I’ve been following the founders of FW Beauty Fatiha and Yasmine’s journey online for a while now and I love seeing how successful they are becoming. They talk about their products with so much passion and confidence that I had to meet them in person and try out their skincare products.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram you’ll know that I attended the Muslim Lifestyle Show a few weeks ago and picked up the FW Beauty skincare products that I’ve been dying to try ever since I saw the glowing reviews. They had everything at a reduced price and I picked up the clear complexion bar, the gold elixir brightening facial oil and the black gold elixir nourishing facial oil.
Here are a few details about each product from their website fwbeauty.com
Gold Elixir – Brightening Facial oil
Suitable for oily, combination and even sensitive skin (Always do a patch test before use)
- Gold Elixir is a light oil with the key ingredients Golden Jojoba Oil and 24K Gold. It seals in moisture to create an effective barrier against harmful external elements but allowing your skin to breath and repair itself at the same time. Gold Elixir is also an excellent makeup primer!
- It can help control the oil production in your skin, tricking your skin to stop producing excess oil.
- Gold Elixir counteracts acne formation, penetrating deep into your pores and dissolving deposits, thus clearing your skin and leaving your skin looking healthier and brighter.
- It can help relieve itching and dryness on eczema or problematic skin. The skin inflammation is reduced by the anti-inflammatory properties contained within of the oil.
- It helps reduce scarring and promote skin regeneration.
- Helps improve skin tone, texture and pigmentation, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines, thanks to the benefiticial oils and 24 Carat Gold contained within the Gold Elixir.
- The essential fatty acids contained within Gold Elixir are emollients, which improve skin flexibility and permeability.
- Suitable for daily use.
Simmondsia Chinesis, Rosa Mosqueta, Vitis Vinifera, Tocopherol, 24 Carat Gold, Matricaria Chamomilla
Black Gold Elixir – Nourishing Facial Oil
Suitable for Dry to normal skin type. ALWAYS DO A PATCH TEST.
- Black Gold is the ultimate nourishment for healthy skin!
- 24K Gold Infused In Black Seed Oil
- Rich in Omega 3, 6, Vitamin B, C, E, and Antioxidants.
- Use as an oil cleanser, moisturiser, or as a makeup base/primer.
- Helps to restore the look of vibrancy to your skin
- Nourishes your skin, thanks to the vitamins and minerals contained in our oil.
- The Black Seed helps to repair your skin while the other beneficial oils help to fade away marks or scars from old acne/pimples.
- A great moisturiser, thanks to its fatty acids which help to encourage a youthful look.
- 24K Gold flakes, which is great for collagen boost for the skin and fights wrinkles thus delays ageing.
Rosa Mosqueta, Nigella Sativa Oil, Vitis Vinifera Oil, 24 Carat Gold, Tocopherol Oil, Citrus Aurantium Oil, Cymbopogon Citratus Oil
Clear Complexion Bar:
Suitable for normal skin types.
- Natural cleansing bar made from skin superfood Shea Butter, and crucial cold pressed oils to give your skin a healthy glow.
- The light exfoliating properties contained in this bar is from the high-quality nourishing Rhassoul Clay, sourced from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.
- With regular use the bar will repair and heal the skin- resulting in an even complexion and radiant glow.
Aqua, Glycerine, Sorbitol, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Oleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Vitellaria paradoxa, Cocos nucifera, Ricinus communis, Simmondsia chinensis, A. barbadensis Mill, tocopherol, Vanilla planifolia, Hectorite
Now you know a bit about the products I want to share my thoughts after trying them out for a few weeks.
The price for all the products are in my opinion reasonable for what you’re getting. All the products will last a long time even with daily use because a little does go a long way. Compared to some other well known facial oils it’s super affordable.
If you know me you know I’m a sucker for pretty packaging. The packaging for the oils looked and felt very luxury and would make the perfect gift for any occasion.
The packaging for the cleansing bar is pretty basic, just wrapped in plastic film and then in a plastic cover. Would be nice if it was packaged in a way that you could store it in the bathroom to dry. I personally cut the bar off and use it bit by bit.
I bought the products from the stall and even though they were super busy and exhausted they took the time to speak to my husband and I about all of their products. The team are also super prompt in their replies on social media and I’ve had good experiences with the company.
I want to remind everyone that everyone’s skin is not the same and what works for one person might not work as well for someone else.
Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar
I bought the clear cleansing bar after reading the rave reviews from people with skin conditions. I don’t have any major skin problems Alhamdulillah but do have breakouts every now and then and acne scars, my skin is normal/oily. I’ve only ever used a soap on my face once and that was when I was desperate to remove my makeup and didn’t have anything to take it off with. It dried my face like crazy and my skin felt so tight afterwards I had to rush to moisturise it.
This bar was not like any other soap, it has small exfoliating particles that are gentle on your skin but effective at removing dead skin on the surface, it is also quite moisturising and after washing it off my skin felt soft and supple.
The first time I used it I tried to wash it off my face with water to my surprise it left a waxy residue which wasn’t easy to remove. I found the best way to use it is to wash it off with a damp/wet muslin cloth and then just wash your face with cold water at the end. (see my instagram beauty highlight to see a step by step on how I use it).
Gold Elixir- Brightening Facial Oil
Because I have oily/normal/combination skin I would never put an oil on my face because I always felt it made my face greasy and that’s not a look I want. This oil is good because it’s oily when you put it on but sinks into your skin and about 10-15mins later your skin feels soft and moisturised but not oily.
Black Gold Elixir – Nourishing Facial Oil
This is the only product I haven’t tried, my husband actually bought this oil for himself as he has dry and sometimes problematic skin so he needed something that was really moisturising. Unfortunately he hasn’t used it so I can’t really tell you much about it other than it smells different from the gold elixir, is more oily and is similar to black seed oil.
So I’ve been using the products everyday for the past few weeks and I believe my skin loves the products as it feels soft and supple after every use. Unfortunately it hasn’t cleared up my acne scars as much as I’d have liked, I still get breakouts but they are better managed with this skincare routine. My spots don’t get as nasty because the soap makes sure all the dirt and bacteria is cleaned off my face so it doesn’t make the breakout worse. I will continue to use the products because it is helping to fade my acne scars and I believe with continued use it will inshaAllah clear up completely.
The products are not miracle products and if you have problems with your skin due to hormonal issues, side effects of medication you’re taking or because you’re eating unhealthy foods, no skincare product will fix it. These products however, do make sure your skin gets all the nourishment it needs to repair itself and keep it healthy. If you use them everyday you will at least be making sure your skin is thoroughly cleaned and looked after so that it’s in the best possible condition it can be.
If I have makeup on I still use my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser to remove my makeup before double cleansing with the bar and finishing it off with the facial oil. The thing I love about all the products in my skincare routine is that they’re all natural and don’t contain any harsh chemicals.
What does your skincare routine look like? I’d love to hear what products you’re using and why you love them, leave a comment below.